Saturday 22 June 2019

Who'd have 'em?

I don't do much on most saturdays: a load of washing, a few dishes (or a lot) a bit of shopping maybe and a coffee out somewhere.
Today was different.
Early this morning I was on my way out and Millie slipped past me, through the gate and down the street...
by the time i found her she had "viciously mauled" a tiny dog. The owner was screaming hysterically about the two drops of blood on her dog's chin and a by passer had stopped to save the day.

Anyways....I apologised: profusely, seriously, grovellingly. I thanked the by passer. I offered to pay the vet bill. I apologised again. More. Sincerely.
Then the owner accused me of standing and watching as she was attacked. The by passer left. I gave my address and phone number and asked to see her little dog. She declined and rushed to the vet.
An hour later I phoned to ask about the dog. There was no reply and none an hour after that. Eventually a text came. The dog was "clinically ok" but the vet had treated the owner for dog bites. Interesting. Do vets treat people? I didn't see any bites. I'm sorry, I said. Send me the bill. The bill didn't come but she wanted to know if Millie is vaccinated. Yep, she is. Then came the promise to call the council about the uncontrolled dog. Eventually a corrupted file came. I asked to have it sent again. Tomorrow she said. Then came the message saying the dog (the clinically ok dog) might need to go to the vets again and the vet didn't shave the dog because the dog didn't allow it.
I'm starting to feel like she's enjoying this, sending veiled threats about her completely unhurt dog and her own injuries which were not immediately visible or treated in a medical facility.
This is a drama I don't need. Do you think the invoice will ever come?

24 comments:

  1. Oh dear, seems like she's egging it a bit. I don't think vets do treat people but I may be wrong. I hope the invoice never comes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of vets treating people.

      Delete
  2. Some people really do like to milk it, don't they? I feel irritated on your behalf. I hope she stops bothering you, failing that I'll send a cyclist to run her over [joke].
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eggs... milk....we just need some sugar and flour now :-)
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like she's enjoying your pain and capitalizing on your remorse. What a weird woman. And a vet treating her? WTH?

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh. I do hope nothing furthr eventuates. Drama queens do my head in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The incident scared her a lot and I'm sympathetic to that. I get annoyed when people ignore my goodwill. Is it still goodwill, then? 🤔

      Delete
  6. Oh dear. You were desperately trying to do the right thing. Some people enjoy rubbing salt into the distress of others. I was going to say "wounds" but that wouldn't be appropriate in this instance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is working herself into a dither. She needs drama. I imagine she wants money and something done about your dog. Tiny dogs are usually aggressors with a big dog. I hste she is bothering you so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dog is my daughters really and she is more familiar with how Millie behaves in a broader range of situations. She agrees with you

      Delete
  8. I don't think you'll get an invoice. she seems to be delighting in upsetting you. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is indeed a drama that you don't need and I really think that it will simply fizzle out without any invoice coming to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I received and paid it, fortunately just a consult fee since the dog was ok.

      Delete
  10. WOW! You can't choose your neighbours unfortunately and you got stuck with a real winner. I had a really good chuckle that she was treated by the vet, I'm still giggling...she doesn't want you to see the invoice probably because she's making most of this vicious story up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I eventually got and paid an invoice. She seems to be slightly conciliatory now because she has realised she often saw my husband and girls out walking. I haven't told her the dog was actually my daughter's!

      Delete
  11. To be honest, if there was blood, I would have been upset too. It's a very narrow line between drawing blood and killing when it's a large dog versus a small one. I saw a small dog get killed by one snap of a large dog's jaws at a fundraising event for the local dog club, and it only took a second.

    I do hope all's well now, kylie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jenny, I don't want to be dismissive of the trauma because the woman was visibly shaking.
      In the end though, her dog was uninjured and the blood came from the bite he inflicted.
      The messages she sent bordered on harrassment. I just thought she could have acknowledged that I was doing all I could to make it right

      Delete
    2. Yes, I agree. An apology (or several) and an offer to pay the vet bill ... what more could anybody do?

      Delete
  12. Hello friends,do you have an existing business or want to start up one but need capital to do so?Contact Mr Steven Ryan Finance via this details: Email:Stevenryanfinance@gmail.com
    Whatsapp:+971529615981

    ReplyDelete
  13. Getting a loan from Cit Vendor Finance is a good experience with me and my partner and now our business is going well. contact this finance i recommend to Business men and women Email: citvendorfinance@gmail.com Whatsapp: +1 (747) 223-7461

    ReplyDelete

go on, leave a comment or four.