Saturday 17 August 2019

Help a blogger out

Imagine if you were just going about your business one day and part of your house crashed to the ground. Imagine you were not allowed back in to get anything. Then imagine people looted your property while you were staying in a seedy motel, ill and hungry, trying to figure out your next move.
All of this has happened this week for my long time blogging friend Linda. You might of might not know her but I encourage you to pop over to her current blog, More Parsimony (it's on my sidebar) and offer some good old moral support. (is that an old fashioned term these days?)
Then, pop over to her old blog Practical Parsimony and click on the donate button.
I'm writing from my phone so Im not doing links but I bet you all know how to do this without me spoon feeding.
I'm sure even a few dollars would brighten her day and I can guarantee she'll be thrifty...... It's right there in the blog name!

Thank you, my friends. You are good people

12 comments:

  1. That all sounds terrible. I hope she manages to find somewhere more suitable to live than the crummy motel. And yes, where are her kids? Also, how on earth did the house collapse in the first place? She could have been killed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nick,
      We don't get to ask that

      Delete
    2. nick,
      The house is 117-years-old. It has not been properly maintained after a tornado hit it. It just dissolved, so to speak. I tried again and again the get a roofer. My kids do not care and all live 1000 miles from me.

      Delete
  2. My small donation failed. I will try again later. I was using PayPal and suspect she now has a new email address.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I wrote that sentence, I should have said "if you are able"

      Delete
  3. Linda, it's awful that you couldn't find a single roofer to put the house right, so you were living in a situation of constant danger. Your kids may live 1000 miles away but at the very least they could commiserate and give advice even if they can't just "pop round". I do hope you can get things sorted out as quickly as possible and get back to some sort of normality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my. That doesn't sound like a good situation at all.

    I have no way of donating online. We don't do any shopping online, I don't have a paypal account, etc, etc. I wish Linda lived closer so I could do something concrete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just thought I'd do a post in support of her, I can't do much else

      Delete
  5. I hope Linda's luck changes soon - any damage to our homes is distressing, but what Linda is going through is beyond the pale.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do hope she will in fact be frugal. She once bought a 90 dollar purse because others weren’t good enough. I made a lot of money my and still use a fabric tote as a purse. She did return the purse. But I hope your donations are well spent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I carry a purse for a long time, so amortized over the years that is about $10/yr.

      Delete

go on, leave a comment or four.