Some days I take a huge amount of delight in arguing with strangers. I know, there's 10 000 more useful things to do.
Today I saw a post from a man who works in palliative care. He described how grief and past traumas can combine to create some difficult behaviours in the family members of the dying.
He also described how he had learnt to give those challenging people a job to do, alleviating their sense of powerlessness and improving their behaviour.
It was a wise and useful post but the first (and only) comment said "Learned, not learnt. Learnt is not a word'
I was inordinately tickled with my own answer and might cackle about it for the rest of the day:
"If you had done the tiniest bit of research you would have found that learnt is, indeed, a word and has been used correctly here. Someone pours out their soul and you incorrectly correct their spelling. You have never learnt to read a room"
No comments:
Post a Comment
go on, leave a comment or four.