Sunday 23 February 2020

Highs and Lows


Poor old Harry suffered a dog attack on Friday night, just a minute or two after leaving home on his walk there was a woman with two dogs. She called out not to come near but Liam didn't understand properly and walked past them. All the dogs were on leash but one made a grab for poor old Haz. Skin and fascia was torn off the muscle and there is severe bruising which might complicate his recovery.

Only an hour after he came back from the vet, Briony and Lucy arrived home after the long drive from Briony's country teaching job. Harry barely lifted his head, a huge departure from his normal grinning, tail wagging and excited zooming self. It was the saddest thing to watch but after some carefully supervised attention from Lucy he decided it was time for a walk.

He was attacked around 7, came home after surgery around 9.30 and was asking for a walk by midnight. It was a very short and slow walk but we felt it would help his recovery and I can't help but admire the guts of the boy.

In the photo you can see the adhesive line around his fur, showing how much the bandage has slipped. I'll be glad to have it re-dressed tomorrow. Harry has started to sometimes turn and glare accusingly at the wound site which might just be because he feels better and has energy to react or it could be that the slipping bandage is pulling on the wound.

Briony is now on her way back to Deni and we'll next see her when she comes to Sydney for Keaghan's April wedding. It was lovely to have her and she was pleased to be back in the big smoke, she misses the food options we have here in Sydney and especially loved the vegetarian Buddha bowl she had yesterday.

It's been a big weekend with highs and lows so I'm rather looking forward to a mostly empty calendar this week.


24 comments:

  1. Poor, poor Harry. And poor you.
    Here's to a week with less lows. An even keel sounds nice right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awful. I hope Harry recovers and is back to his normal bouncy self asap. Unfortunate that the other dog managed to attack him despite being on a leash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After talking to neighbours we know the dog has done it before so the word I would use is negligent.
      I have had situations with pets which in hindsight I could have managed better so I have sympathy for her but if she knew there was an issue they should have been muzzled

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm not annoyed any more, just focussed on getting to the time when he's better. It has been reported

      Delete
  4. A sick dog with whatever is the problem is the saddest thing that we can see. He seems to have recovered from the trauma and may well be on his way to full recovery. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right of course, a sad dog really is the most pitiful thing to see

      Delete
  5. Many cuddles to Harry, I hope he recovers swiftly - he looks like a gentle spirit.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. It's not nice, hes in pain every time he moves

      Delete
  7. Poor Harry - how awful to be the victim of an attack. I feel for him and all of his human loved ones. I do hope he has a full recovery and has no lasting effects.

    As EC said, here's hoping for some ordinary days with no crap. That's not exactly what she said but it's the same idea.

    I know Harry is getting lots of love but please whisper in his ear that he is such a good boy and to get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame you can't hear harrys voice but it's kind of deep and sleepy. He says
      "Fanks, jennyo, I lubs get well wishes, I specially lubs dem when dey come from far away. My hoomans give me medicines in meatballs and dey fink I dont know but who ever eated a crunchy meatball before?"

      Delete
    2. Hah! Harry you are a smart boy. Keep eating those crunchy meatballs; they'll help you.

      Delete
  8. Sorry to read about Harry's altercation. Greyhounds are lovely dogs. I hope he recovers quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry is a beautiful boy , but then I never met a dog I didnt like

      Delete
  9. Oh no poor Harry.

    Empty calendars are always a joy. Sounds like you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor Prince Harry! May he be fully recovered sooner rather than later. Given recent bush fires isn't it somewhat ill-considered to still refer to Sydney as "the big smoke"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're right. Let's call Australia the smoking gun of climate change and lets call our politicians arsonists

      Delete
  11. This enrages me. Such dogs should be muzzled. I would certainly ask her about your vet bill, that is so hard. Poor Harry. And poor you and the worry and care.

    I hope he recovers soon.

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The woman has agreed to pay, I hope she honours that agreement

      Delete
  12. Sorry to read about Harry's altercation. Greyhounds are lovely dogs. I hope he recovers quickl!!!!custom animal print swimsuit

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice information on here, I would like to share with you all my experience trying to get a loan to expand my Clothing Business here in Malaysia. It was really hard on my business going down due to my little short time illness then when I got heal I needed a fund to set it up again for me to begin so I came across Mr Benjamin a loan consultant officer at Le_Meridian Funding Service He asked me of my business project and I told him i already owned One and i just needed loan of 200,000.00 USD he gave me form to fill and I did also he asked me of my Valid ID in few days They did the transfer and my loan was granted. I really want to appreciate there effort also try to get this to anyone looking for business loan or other financial issues to Contact Le_Meridian Funding Service On Email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com He also available on WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740.

    ReplyDelete

go on, leave a comment or four.