Friday 3 April 2020

Plague Pages



Last week I printed a 25 page document all on the wrong size paper and so I have had 25 pages of A3 paper sitting on my desk while I wondered if I could find a way to use the blank side.

You might remember Miss London from my seniors group? She totally refuses to use any kind of modern communication, including the phone and though she lives in a retirement/nursing home complex she is now isolated from many of her friends because the high care part of the facility is locked down. It's hard to keep any kind of contact with her and she is already unhappy with her lot so I came up with the idea of Plague Pages, basically just a little note on a very large piece of paper.

I forgot the "U" in plague so it was plage then a kind of plagee. It would be good if i was better at drawing. Oh well.

I hope she smiles momentarily



By the way, I can't see why anybody would want a personalised copy of Plagee Pages but let me know if you would like one! There's the added bonus of a bureaucratic form on the reverse!

23 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm inordinately proud of my creativity!

      Delete
  2. That was genius! Yes, I would like one. I hope she appreciates and enjoys the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll make one for you 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure she will smile. How could she not?
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She might say " what the hells this?" She's a bit of a character

      Delete
  5. My mum would have been the same if she was still alive. She was in a care home and never had a computer or smartphone so would have been very cut off from the outside world. Then again, her mind was going so maybe she wouldn't really have noticed how isolated she was.

    The Plague Pages are a brilliant idea. Perhaps we should all be recording our personal experience of the Great Pandemic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In fifty or a hundred years people will want to hear individual perspectives

      Delete
  6. You cannot do without modern communication devices during a pandemic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the mouse - is that a reference to Bubonic Plague carriers? hah - dark humour :)

    I hope Plague Pages is received by Miss London in the spirit in which it was intended!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have very dark humour, it puts some people off :)

      Delete
    2. My son who works for the medical faculty of a local university saw a casket wheeled past him at work for the first time a few weeks back. I found it darkly funny and people thought I was a psychopath :)

      Delete
  8. Good idea, Kylie.
    I also wonder what people will make of the pandemic in 100 years time. Hopefully they will be living in much better times, cross fingers.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think most times are unpleasant in their own way but yes, f we act now the world could be a different place in 100 years

      Delete
  9. It's funny that you thought of doing that for your friend. When my father was ill with dementia every week I found the biggest postcards I could buy and sent him one with a couple of lines written on the back. He couldn't take much in but I felt good doing it and I'm sure your friend will appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all love a personal piece of mail, don't we? life is so limited for dementia patients that any small joy has to be a good thing

      Delete
  10. Lovely thought there Kylie I am sure she will feel special if even for a moment.

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had fun for a moment so it's a win-win!

      Delete
  11. I hope she appreciates your humour, but I'm sure she'll enjoy receiving something. Nice thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was a nurse so even tho I dont see it, I'm sure there is some dark humour there somewhere

      Delete

go on, leave a comment or four.