Sunday 14 March 2021

"Be careful not to learn anything"

This week I will be in a classroom from 9-5 every day. It's a long, long time since I have worked an eight hour day and I have never been in a classroom for that length of time. In my days at technical college I was in class from 2-8pm one day a week and the other days were 5-8pm.

My school is also my work so it could be an interesting week. I worked hard last week to make sure everything was ready, having had nobody really in the building for the last year has meant I needed an extra level of diligence: the shuttered coffee machine had to be revived, the pest control guy came through, dusty desks were wiped down, IT was consulted on recalcitrant computers, outdoor furniture brought out of storage......

By the end of the week I was too tired to complete the last couple of things so I went to work today just to make sure there was milk in the fridge and little finishing touches. It's a good thing, too, the building was stuffy and stinking hot after a very hot day yesterday and I may be imagining it but I suspect the front doorway had been used as a quick pit stop by some one.....


In other news, I've oredered myself a new mattress. I considered downsizing to a king single bed, imagine al the extra floor space, but then I realised I'd need all new bedding as well and I have very nice bedding which I don't plan on replacing so, double bed it remains. Maybe the universe is telling me something......like to get another dog ..........I've had issues with my neck for months, my resident chiro thought my pillow was at fault so I got a new pillow but I still wake every day with a stiff neck, sometimes a dead arm. We decided it must be the mattress, which admittedly was purchased in the early 2000s. I hope the new mattress does the trick or it will be a very expensive non-solution!

I was really amused by this video this week, I hope you enjoy it



15 comments:

  1. Didn't you just get a new mattress? I think it was one of the boxed ones that are rolled up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it wasn't me! the one I have oredered is a boxed one though

      Delete
  2. Good luck. I hope the neck/dead arm issues can be put to bed. Permanently.
    We need a new mattress but I have been putting it off - on grounds of both expense and hassle.
    And very good luck with your study. I suspect you will be a very tired puppy by the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making purchases like that seem daunting don't they? Especially because it's a lot of money to lose if one makes a mistake.
      I also suspect I'll be very tired and the dogs will miss me but it might also be a good kind of demanding

      Delete
  3. That made me chuckle. He is a very clever comedian and I often watch him but I hadn't seen this one.

    Ok so you seem to have picked up a HEAP of work! I guess that's a good thing? But crikey, looks challenging and tiring. What are you teaching Kylie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'll be the student, Michelle. I'm studying chaplaincy. I'm not sure what is on the list except "work with users of violence to effect change"
      I've picked up work to get this intensive ready and we are moving to a smaller facility in June so that might be a bit of work.
      I'm happy with that

      Delete
    2. Very worthwhile work Kylie. Much needed. I listen to the stories of my students and I often think that if someone had been there for them earlier, they may just have avoided going down a well trodden path - and they might not end up in prison, where I see them.

      I've been slowly working through a Cert IV in Mental Health - this term it is 'Analyse impacts of sociological factors on clients in community work and services....' Should be interesting.

      Delete
  4. Going back to school as a student and combining that with replacing a bed is absolutely out of the usual experience for me.

    Have a ball in both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the bed solves your sleep needs and that you get whatever you need from the class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I now have a large number of assignments to work through but that's ok!

      Delete
  6. I wish all yoga instruction was done this way! Thank you for the sniggers!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "there maybe a twinge in your Saxe Coburg......"

      Delete
  7. The video made me grin. :)

    I hope your new mattress helps your neck pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, I think it will ....I hope so!

      Delete

go on, leave a comment or four.