Friday 22 March 2024

Love you, TTS

I'm trying to think of a pseudonym for my friend but I can't think of one. She often signs things with her initials TTS so we'll run with that.

TTS moved from Sydney to somewhere in Scotland 18 years ago. Since then she's moved to Nottingham and now to Wales. She's a long way away but she's been here on what she called the Elderly Mother Mission.

Going to have coffee with her (and her hubby and Caitlin) today, I put on the pink shirt I bought for Valentines Day which arrived on the 15th. I had olive green pants on, creating a favourite combo of mine but there was nothing to tie the two together.

"Do I have a scarf that would make this into an outfit?" I said to Caitlin. 

"Dunno Mum"

I looked at my scarf hanger and there were in fact TWO pink and green scarves. One bright, one a lot more subtle.

"Of course I have a pink and green scarf, do I even know who I am?" I said

"Apparently not"


There was a lot of silliness and it took a lot of takes to get the photo but it was worth it.





10 comments:

  1. Aww... I like pink and green together - actually, I have a scarf that you'd love, but it's a full on Winter scarf.
    Lovely photo, and pink really suits you.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is her Elderly Mother Mission? Pink is your color. Do you have anything houndstooth to wear with it? The scarf you have on is working with the pink. Good photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TTS's mum and mother-in-law are both 90+ and have dementia. This trip was all about seeing them and being assured of their care.
      I don't have any houndstooth. As a little girl I had a houndstooth coat made from scraps of fabric. Apparently it looked like a designer item and my brand conscious uncle was quite impressed. What that really means is he didn't think we had any class

      Delete
  3. You are a vision in pink and green! That particular combination used to be called ‘the preppy look’ here in the US; meaning the well-dressed, well-heeled people who attended prep-schools (expensive private schools).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rhymeswithplague4:40 am, March 24, 2024

      Anon above was me, sorry.

      Delete
    2. Hi Robert,
      Pop culture taught me to understand what the preppy style looked like but I never knew where it came from. It's obvious now you point it out :)

      Delete
  4. It's good to catch up with someone you haven't seen for so long, but a shame about both her parents having dementia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nick,
      Nobody wants dementia but at 90+, things start to malfunction. It's worrying for family but I think both these ladies are too far gone to be unhappy about it themselves

      Delete
  5. Love the combo and it suits. I'm a very matchy person but not in any way elegant. Casual matchy. Tons of scarves, mostly gifted. Lavender and that wonderful soft green (lovet?) are my faves.
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete

go on, leave a comment or four.