Saturday 19 June 2010

"The friendship that can cease has never been real."

when i started blogging i became rather attached, in a remote cyber kind of way, to a blogger going by the name of muser. i was anxious to see him recognise his own potential and we developed a friendly email bond, then muser left our sunny shores for a bit and drifted away from blogging. he drifted from email as well and i often wondered what happened to him but i had seen a glimmer of growing confidence and while i was a wee bit disappointed that he had gone i was certain that he was out there somewhere and actually living.
two years after muser's departure, after i had long given up hope of hearing from him, i received an email!
muser is alive and well. i am so pleased that he got in touch and he has returned to blogging, i won't tell the story because that is his and he tells it on his own blog

so many people come and go from our lives and it's probably best that way but isn't it a wonderful thing when someone from the past takes the trouble to look us up?

7 comments:

  1. Yes baby, it is. I remember him well. I like that he's back. And with you. You are an amazing soul and a comfort to so many. I love you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally awesome. I'm not familiar with the blogger in question but I hate it when they disappear without a trace. Usually I get an email but have lost two for whom I fear the worst. Nothing I can do but sad that I don't know where they went. I'm glad your friend is back and managed to regain contact. Happy moment for you I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it's good when the prodigal son returns, as it were. There's a blogger we met in Sydney who's totally disappeared off the radar and I keep wondering what's happened to her. It's weird when people just vanish without any explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool story and cool new background

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm doing a group response today, i just think the disappearance of a blogger is crueller than when someone drifts off from our 3D lives. in real life there is always the chance that paths will cross again someday, it's also usually a softer parting but with bloggers they just stop posting, anything might have happened and theres little chance of a chance meeting in the supermarket....

    bob, glad you like the new look, there are some fantastic new templates

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey thats a great story..really happy for u...good luck to and muser


    http://donotshoeme.blogspot.com/

    follow if u like what u see?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed this one, Kylie. So wonderful! I love when that happens. I have a number of wonder-what-ever-happened, some of them very special to me at one time or another!

    ReplyDelete

go on, leave a comment or four.