Thursday 11 April 2019

Snapshot.

I'm not blogging so much as I used to because I'm working more. Also there is less competition for the remote so I watch tv a fair bit more than I did. My daughter has been buying some good books and I have been borrowing them ( I regard myself as a reader although I actually stopped reading much a couple of decades ago. My ex didn't like me reading and I was silly enough to care...)
 Mary Kills People, The Let Down and Working Moms have been binge watched. Readers Digest & Clementine Ford have been read (while wearing new glasses) and Michelle Obama's autobiography will be next (when I can wrestle it from my daughter)
I read your new posts on my phone when I wake up in the morning and I comment when I can get hold of a lap top. I go out for coffee every time I'm asked and because autumn has finally arrived I can sleep with under a blanket or two, which makes me happy.
At my seniors group yesterday, one of the ladies was getting loud and distracting (all the characters are in my group) so, like a kindergarten teacher, I stopped everything and asked everyone to take 16 seconds to breathe: 4 seconds in, hold for 4, out for 4 and hold again. By some miracle it worked and  we all managed to rein in the festivities  madness. 
After seniors group I stopped at an unfamiliar garage to get petrol. There was driveway service! and yes, just so you know you saw that, there was driveway service. I don't think I have seen anybody offer that in Sydney in all of my living memory (which is getting longer than I would like to think about)

So, there you have it. My life, April 2019.

27 comments:

  1. Doesn't sound like a bad life to me. An ex who doesn't like you reading? Perhaps he was jealous you were enjoying your book more than him? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the ex was a book blocker than you are lucky he is not around! I hope things shake out like you want them to, or at least the way it is best for you. I have missed your posts lately.
    I was kind of laughing about the breathing comment. Occasionally when mom gets too uptight we have to do a similar thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew somebody would appreciate the breathing thing!

      Delete
  3. Lovely to see a post from you. I was about to try and contact you and check you were ok.
    A woman I worked with could only read when her husband was out of the room. He would have been permanently out of my rooms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for caring!
      I like that "out of my rooms" clever and succinct

      Delete
  4. Can't imagine living with someone who didn't read, tho I know many do. I grew up in a reading house and my houses have always been reading houses and talking books. I vetted guys before I went out with them.

    I love the snapshot of your day, I must do one like that.

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Various circumstances combined so my ex didn't develop true literacy. Its a curse he didn't deserve but it doesn't excuse a lot of other things.

      I'd like to read about your day.

      Delete
  5. I think that you are actually leading a life of leisure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, in many ways I have the good life but then I don't ask for much

      Delete
  6. By driveway service I presume you mean filling the tank, checking the tyres, checking the coolant etc. I haven't seen anyone doing that for many decades!

    Your ex didn't like you reading? Both a philistine and a monster! Glad you're now free to read as much as you want. I would be devastated if for some reason I couldn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so much a philistine, more someone who was short on opportunity.
      I never missed reading but I now wonder how many good books I've missed

      Delete
  7. It all sounds like positive things that you are doing now, kylie - working, reading, relaxing, socializing. I believe you are an optimizer. (That's a compliment!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took it as a compliment :)
      This morning I'm off to see a client which is a nice way to earn money!

      Delete
  8. Hi Kylie, I finally "found" you again. My computer kinda crashed and I lost all my favourites. So glad I got you back. A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will eventually comment again on your blog and then I would be found! Sorry it's been a while

      Delete
  9. And it's weird, my ex didn't like me reading either - it made me a "snobby git" apparently. So glad he's out of my life and I can read all I want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He probably felt dumb around you. Read away, my dear!

      Delete
  10. It is astounding that anybody could object to their partner's reading habit. Seeing your partner reading should encourage you to read a bit more yourself. The world would be a much better place if people turned off their televisions and smart phones and regularly got lost in books.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Driveway service!! I thought that went out with button up boots - or so it seems.
    Much better to have time out for the rowdy senior, than to put them in the naughty corner
    ;-)
    Alphie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought driveway service was long gone! Maybe he didnt trust me with his hose ;)

      I couldn't put any of the seniors in a naughty corner, they are far too militant!

      Delete
  12. My uncle had a service station, I spent my school holidays there. He used to fill up the tanks with a cigarette dangly from his lips.
    I wish I could get back into reading - too many good drama on the telly!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I give up - My comment is ripe for a good edit! Apologies!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! The good old days of driveway service and cheating death ☠

      If only blogger would implement my Facebook faves:the ability to edit and the like button :)

      Delete
  14. I tend to avoid groups because of loud extroverts.

    ReplyDelete

go on, leave a comment or four.