Tuesday 16 April 2019

The Gym

My physiotherapist, Dave, is sporty, whip smart, tall , attractive....and young enough to be my son.
Last week he told me he wanted me to start a new exercise "Oh, yes?" says I.
Hip thrusts, he says.
Uh huh. Right.
So, there I was, lying on a table, lifting my butt skyward while Dave counts.
I finished ten and told him it was hurting my back.

The answer to that was to adjust the angle of my pelvis and since i'd done the first ten incorrectly, I had to do another ten. Lift a little, angle pelvis, ask Dave about pelvic angle (!!!!!!) lift more. Listen to Dave count. It was all a little surreal.

And then...

Dave says something about exercise and


in all innocence

(I swear)

 and mentally comparing hip thrusts to the leg press, I say i'm a fan of exercising lying down.


Do you think I can ever go back??

21 comments:

  1. I howled. This is like something I would unconsciously blurt. Redfaced or what?

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  2. One can never go back. That's water under the bridge. Over the dam. Wherever. There is only going forward, always forward, wind in your hair, hips at the ready.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you can. And should.
    Proudly. With your head (and hips) held high.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep! This guy sounds like a good one. Hip thrusts are good exercises but who am I to say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This joke will never die, methinks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am more interested in Dave's response!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's probably like doctors and nurses - they've seen and heard it all, so ... carry on!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lascivious thoughts about hip thrusts are crossing my filthy mind right now but I shall hold back from sharing them with you. Perhaps I should have been a physiotherapist. Are you sure your fellow is qualified?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he's qualified.













      Maybe even in physiotherapy

      Delete
  9. As with my ketamine infusion, you felt the need to act with decorum in a medical setting, although feelings of decorum weren't what you were experiencing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I can't blame horse tranquillisers, only myself!

      Delete
  10. Very cheeky! But worth a shot.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, I bet he's heard it all before, it sounds like a line out of Bridget Jones diary, I can imagine her saying something like that, 😄

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha! I really enjoyed that. :)

    ReplyDelete

go on, leave a comment or four.