Thursday 19 December 2019

You've been waiting for it

I hear you, you want to see the now honeymooning couple.....

I stalked facebook for the best photos, hassled and harangued people to send me their best pictures (or any pictures) and tried to remember who took which of my favourites,

 downloaded them onto my work computer ready to make a quick post in a quiet moment.

The quiet moments are rare though. At work I'm busy enough to earn my pay but not so busy  I couldn't do a quick post. If only everyone wasn't always popping in to the office.

  Introducing Mr & Mrs Tai

I'm writing this post at home, on a dodgy laptop with a  keyboard which refuses to type an "i" 90% of the time. When there are less people at work, I'll probably post some more.

Just a moment after this photo was taken Liam reached over to hug me but I was sitting and he was standing and my lipstick managed to get smeared all over his shirt sleeve. I felt bad and someone said not to worry because it could be photoshopped out. It's funny, I do know all about photo shop but in moments like the one where I ruin my son's pristine shirt, my mind places me in the 80s. Liam said the reason he hired a documentary photographer was to capture and preserve those real moments and I actually believe him.....

The newlyweds are in Bali, having a wonderful time and due back on Christmas Eve, which won't give them a lot of time to make vegan creations for our Christmas lunch but I have requested a potato salad and the rest of us (mostly Briony and Caitlin) will manage the rest.

I'll be working up to midday on Christmas Eve. I would rather be at home but there's no pay for taking leave and work will be a relaxed affair with a skeleton crew. The museum manager promises to bring hot chips for morning tea. My office mate wants Coke. Morning tea will most likely extend from about 9am to knock-off time. Things could be worse

18 comments:

  1. What a lovely picture in the NSW sunshine! I wish Liam and his beautiful bride God Speed! as they embark on their married life together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a rare smoke free afternoon in this terrible bush fire season.

      I'll pass on your best wishes :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely photograph. They look made for each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will be made for each other if they make themselves that way. I hope they do

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful young couple! Wishing them every happiness as they begin their lives together.
    The lipstick on the shirt sleeve moment is life at its best, not perfection, but real and joyous life happenings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even as it happened I recognised it as a good thing but I also felt a bit bad about it.

      Delete
  4. Definitely worth the wait.
    Love the joy in the beautiful couple. And wish them a life time of it.
    Echoing Anne on the lipstick front too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liams emotion on the day surprised me, not just with his wife but with everyone. He's usually less demonstrative so the photo captures an interesting moment

      Delete
  5. I love the picture and her dress! Beautiful couple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning couple! Long life and happiness to both.

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful couple, they look so happy. It's amazing what you can do with photoshop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both beautiful. I hope life is kind to them

      Delete
  8. I shall add my compliments on the attractiveness of the couple. May they have good health and happy hearts.

    Wouldn't it be satisfying if we could just Photoshop incidents out of our lives as easily as we can lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All these posts I've done make commenting difficult 😆

      And yes, we all have incidents we'd prefer to erase.

      Delete
  9. What joy in those photos! They make a lovely couple. Wishing them all good things as they begin their married life together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a beautiful day, joy came easily

      Delete

go on, leave a comment or four.