Sunday 23 August 2020

life

 I've been very absent from blogdom of late, funny that, considering covid  has me on a reduced work schedule, I should be posting and commenting more, not less!

Briony was home last weekend, Dad turned 80 a couple of weeks back and Keaghan's birthday was yesterday and although the celebrations themselves don't take huge amounts of time, I do everything a lot more slowly than I once did. Caitlin helps a lot but the prep I do is slow, the tidying up is slow, too. 

i've seemed to spend a lot of time lately on the phone and I'm watching "money heist" with Caitlin when she has time. 

Mask making has taken a few afternoons and then there's my study to try to keep up with. I'm not way behind or anything but I'm never as up to date as I think I should be! I'm easily distracted so just about anything will stop me from doing the assignments I'm less interested in!

I think I started blogging in 2006. The original crew I was friendly with have long since moved on from  blogging but we still have a private facebook group. The facebook page gets little use these days and the old hilarity has been forgotten, busy lives i guess, but there is still a strong sense of community and unconditional support. I was super surprised when  one of the group scheduled a zoom meeting for tonight. It will be the first  time we have seen each other face-to-face in nine years, for some it will be the first meeting ever! 

Talking of  my old crew, one of them has taken up the pen again, you might like to visit Terry, he's a top shelf individual.

This weekend is cold, we are catching strong winds straight up from Antarctica and there is snow in some places but I'm delighting in the freesias which have naturalised in the garden and there are so many  i can catch little drifts of their perfume even in the house.

Have a lovely week!





Keaghan and his fiance patiently waiting for Happy Birthday to be sung so they can dig in to a delicious raw, vegan Banoffee Pie made by Liz.


25 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Keaghan. I am going to have to look up that pie. My brother always wanted a cherry pie for his birthday. Have a good time at the zoom meeting. I am slow at everything, too. Oh well. And, it seems I live for distractions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had cherry pie, I don't think. Cherries are quite expensive and prefer to enjoy them au naturale, though once made a Christmas cherry trifle which was absolutely worth the effort!

      Delete
  2. A very, very happy (and delicious) birthday to Keaghan.
    I hear you on the slow front - except where distractions are concerned where I am lightening fast.
    Have a truly wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You find good distractions, it's healthy!

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday to Keaghan!

    Yes, interesting how bloggers come and go over the years. I think just about everyone who visited me in 2007, the year I started blogging, has drifted away, but others have taken their place.

    And yes, even though like you I have plenty of time to spare, it's funny how many things get postponed and postponed because something more interesting has grabbed my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I once read something about how we tend to prioritise the more urgent but not the important ( so we clean the house because it stares us in the face but forget to schedule a dentist appointment) I've tried to be mindful of changing that but "more interesting" always tops the list, doesn't it?

      Delete
  4. It has been difficult to find topics to write for me too but, suddenly inspiration pops up and up goes a couple of posts. The Friday posts due to compulsion appear regularly but, otherwise the mind is on strike.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogging was hilarious in the beginning wasn't it?!! Honestly, back in 2008 I lived for it - now, it's like a comfy pair of old favourite slippers that I can't bear to part with. My commenting has slowed down, and I take much more time than you between posts, I'm sure. I'll probably be the last one here to turn out the lights.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you summed up my experience in a nutshell. We can turn out the lights together

      Delete
    2. I hope neither of you feel the need to turn out the lights. There's always something to write about.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  6. You started blogging in 2006? Funny how things can change in fourteen years with old visitors fading away into memory as new ones comes along. It's also funny how for many people COVID has reduced their energy for simple things like reading books and decorating houses. It should have been the best time but has been as if a great mushroom cloud is hovering over us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a mental exhaustion that comes from long term stress and I think that is starting to really bite for a lot of people

      Delete
  7. I've been at it since 2005. A lifetime ago it seems. Living in Toronto then, much change. I hear you on the drifting thing. I keep telling myself to focus, get more organized, etc. But it's challenging some days.

    Happy birthday to your Keaghan. Lovely name.

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The name Keaghan reflects my mums maiden name, Keane. Somewhere back there we are Irish as Paddy's pigs

      Delete
  8. Best wishes for a happy birthday to Keaghan! It's good to see you posting again Kylie. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! One day I might even say something interesting

      Delete
  9. Yes blogging was fun before Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and Tic Tok took everyone's attention away. Now it is just for us old traditionalists.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had high hopes for my blog in the beginning, but now I seem to slog along out of habit. I don't want to stop, but some days I don't really want to continue either. I think only Snowbrush remains from the first year.

    A happy birthday to Keaghan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've been at it a year longer than I have.

      Delete
    2. I don't really slog, I still enjoy it, but there are waves of inspiration followed by waves of not
      I don't even know when I started, I think it was 2006

      Delete

go on, leave a comment or four.