Sunday 24 September 2023

The Australian Botanic Garden



The Australian Botanic Garden is about a 40 minute drive from my place so it's a shock for me to realise that the last time I was there was probably the late 90s. In those days it was about 10 years old and obviously in need of time to mature.

After seeing pictures of the field of daisies, I asked Caitlin if we could go there this week and she kindly drove and kept me company.

We had a quick look at pretties in the gift shop and then went to the cafe, managing to get there just before the lunch rush. 

The service was very pleasant and the seafood basket was delicious.

We had a lovely time and (surprise, surpise) it no longer looks like it needs a few decades to grow into itself :) 


























 

16 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous - and a reminder that we need to go to our again soon. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the field of flowers! Please take more pictures of your summer to get us through our winter!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a weekend away coming up. Hopefully I can get some decent photos then.
      Chin up, m'dear!

      Delete
  3. I like arboretums and botanical gardens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably haven't appreciated them enough, Red

      Delete
  4. Looks like it's well worth a visit. Is it better than the Botanic Garden in Sydney?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very different style, Nick. The majority of it just looks like dry grassland with a few trees.
      I don't think it's possible to beat Sydney with its age and outlook

      Delete
  5. Thanks for these Kylie, gorgeous expanse of flowers there. I need to do more gallvanting to gardens too.
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely flowers! What kind are the white ones in the last photo.?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a flannel flower, native to eastern Australia

      Delete
  7. What a splendid day out.You look really happy. As would I be in a botanic gardens with such wonderful displays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham, I'm easily pleased: a day in the sun and a nice feed makes me happy

      Delete
  8. What wonderful flowers behind you and your lovely Caitlin!

    ReplyDelete

go on, leave a comment or four.