Friday 14 September 2018

The week that was

As the week went along, I was thinking of writing a post, but about what? I could say something about my Russian friend who seems to have decided she is my personal chef and brought borsch to work for me. And what name would I give her?
......Olga is good I think, but is there a whole post in borsch?

Then I started thinking up aliases for colleagues, for blogging purposes. The lady who "explained" how to use the dishwasher definitely seems to be a Madge. Or maybe a Beryl.

Miss London insisted on buying me lunch on Wednesday. We travelled a good bit further for it than I anticipated but it was quite yummy and it was a glorious day for sitting outside with a fisherman's basket.





Miss London


A strawberry contamination scare is in the news this week, some jerk put needles in strawberries and then of course the news was full of super enlightening commentary from people who "almost bought a punnet" or "bought a punnet and didn't eat it" or "didn't find any needles"
I should get Beryl to remind me not to be seen on the news if I come anywhere close to a news story. It's not kind to most people.

On the subject of strawberries, I played a guessing game of how low the price will go now, post needle sabotage. I thought the current cheap price of  $5/ kg might go as low as $1 but I lost that bet, $2.50/ kg was today's market price.

The only genuine news of the week is that my girls have been subpoenaed to attend court next month, four years ago they witnessed a shooting on the way to school and the douches defendants have plead not guilty so the justice system is dragging out all the ammunition they have. Who would have thought my little girls would end up as witnesses in a criminal trial?



18 comments:

  1. I do hope that your girls court experience is not as traumatic as they can be. Four years is a long time to expect people to remember detail.
    I notice that there is now a copy cat strawberry saboteur. And we are told that strawberries Australia wide may be affected.
    Borch? Yum. Big yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Four years is a dreadfully long time! I don't think the girls really got anything but a general impression so if they even appear it should be short?
      We had home made rye bread, too!

      Delete
  2. The lasses must be excited. I have been on a witness stand only once when I was just 19 and it was a thrilling experience for me then that I will never forget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are excited and only a little older than you were.

      Delete
  3. I hope your daughters are prepared for some ruthless cross-examination by the other side. It can be pretty stressful if you're not expecting it. And yes, it's absurd that it takes four years for it to come to court. How can you possibly remember all the details, or remember them correctly, after such a long delay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the police may have taken some time making arrests so that delays the process but better to take time with good evidence than to muck it up

      Delete
  4. The week isn't over yet, so the price of strawberries could go even lower. This time of year (close to Halloween) I remember tales of razor blades in apples. God may love them, but such people are no !@#$^&* good.

    I can see you in your daughters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids got the best from both parents 😊
      Razor blades in apples is recipe for disaster

      Delete
  5. Looks like I am thinking the same as everybody else. What are your girls to remember after four years? I assume they were children then and if they gave police reports then, they may remember differently now and be tripped up in the questioning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm not sure how much detail they may be asked for but their stories haven't changed.
      They came out of the station and saw a car stop in an odd place then a man stood up through the sun roof and fired into a shop.

      Delete
  6. How lovely your daughters look - such natural and open smiles. As for Miss London - I enlarged her picture - she seems weary of this world but of course looks can be deceiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way I was re-interviewed more than twenty years after witnessing a road accident. It was all to do with the victim's insurance claim. He was a carefree pedestrian on the night that he was catapulted up in the air by a speedster.

      Delete
    2. Thanks YP, they really are vibrant young women.
      Miss London has had some hard times but I think she might be coming up for air now.
      I can't imagine waiting twenty years for a settlement but of course insurers like to drag things out so it becomes a battle of longevity

      Delete
  7. Left a comment, lost it when the internet dropped. Now you can make up your own version.
    Alphie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so frustrating when that happens!

      Delete
    2. A brief on the lost comment- nom-de-blogs, strawberries & some other u unimportant trivia...lol

      Delete
  8. Your daughters are lovely!

    Whenever I try to think up pseudonyms, my brain freezes up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brain usually does, as well Jenny. I was on a bit of a roll. It was pointless but whatever :)

      Delete

go on, leave a comment or four.