Saturday 24 December 2022

It's Christmas

 Our tree is up and undecorated. Naked presents placed underneath, to say they were stacked would be an overstatement, we have been streamlining Christmas for years and now we seem to have come to a bare bones celebration which is a lot less stessful. Maybe Christmas with all the bells and whistles was stressful because I'm a last minute person but still, here we are.

My children and ex will be here for Christmas Eve. It will be 32 degrees C in Sydney and I have planned to have the oven on. That won't be fabulous but I can't change it. The fridge is stocked with ginger beer, there are licorice allsorts and macadamias. It was always going to be low-key but the inability to find tubs of vegan ice cream has meant that dessert will be vegan ice confection on sticks and you can't get much more low key than that.

Maybe you're celebrating the passage of the seasons, maybe the Festival of Lights, maybe you're enjoying family or avoiding family or trying to avoid freezing in your own home. Maybe you are celebrating the child born to challenge and change oppressive systems and bring healing and hope.

Whatever it is that you are doing in this season of holy days, my wish is that you will find nourishment for your soul and a sliver of peace.





8 comments:

  1. My tree only has lights because they came with the tree! I had ornaments in tiny bins next to the tree and suddenly they were not there. Oh well.
    You have a day to get this done or not. That is hot for using the oven, but it is Christmas, so use the oven if you need to do so...lol. I love your flowers. Merry Christmas. Did you get my Christmas card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think our tree decorator got distracted and nobody else cares enough :)
      No card from you yet but the post is slow, I'm sure it is coming

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for those beautiful and comprehensive wishes. I hope they settle down with you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely holiday wish for all. I hope your Christmas is filled with laughter and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful time, and Merry Christmas!!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely sentiments. Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be celebrating the birth of Jesus, plus a few nice gifts and good food too! Happy Christmas Kylie! I wish I had your weather here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our Christmas will be even more low-key than yours. Just the two of us, enjoying a Christmas dinner (nut roast), a few glasses of wine and a TV movie or two. We don't even exchange presents any more, we just buy what we want when we want it!

    ReplyDelete

go on, leave a comment or four.