Tuesday 23 April 2024

Cooked Kitty

If I name the post appropriately, every weirdo and his BFF will be here so I went for the opposite-ish. 


A few weeks back I watched a video which was actually just a still photo of an older man at an airport. There was music and a caption which I'll paraphrase as:

Grandpa "raw dogging it" from (let's say) Atlanta to New York. Three hours on a plane: no phone, no book, no music. Just him and his thoughts.

I had never seen the term "raw dogging it" but I understood from the context.

When i looked at comments, the very first one said "Good on Grandpa but did you have to use the term raw dogging?" And I just knew there was a story in that comment.

Well, a quick google taught me that raw dogging is unprotected sex. 

A week or so later I saw another video talking about raw dogging on a commute. I took it to mean media free rather than condom-less.

Then Caitlin came home from work and told me that a patient had made a long, entertainment free walk to the clinic and before she could think she said "That's a long way to raw dog it"

Then her conservative middle aged Muslim patient wanted an explanation and Caitlin was laughing and he said he'd go home and ask his teenaged children. Caitlin finally explained to save the teenagers. The girl is all public service.

Never in my life did I imagine there would be a slang name for an entertainment free trip.

Never, ever did I imagine the slang name would refer to sex.

Never, ever, ever did I imagine that I would go from a complete raw dogging innocent to full immersion in the space of a month.

16 comments:

  1. kylie,
    I have never heard that term and would never guess what it meant and all the apparently different meanings. So, 'without' whatever? This is a funny term. I will ask Tommy tomorrow what he thinks it cold mean. Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never registered that it's "without" but yes, the applications are limitless :)
      Enjoy that conversation with Tommy!

      Delete
  2. I wonder if it possible to go raw dogging for raw dogging? I've read or heard the phrase but I didn't know what it meant, so thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the sake of the couples out there, I hope that raw dogging is always raw dogged!

      Delete
    2. actually, what i mean is without phone or book. I guess music works!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the education - and reducing my innocence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess Caitlin had to get it from somewhere 🤣

      Delete
  4. I read the whole post to Tommy who looked like he was watching paint dry. He never laughs or thinks anything is funny if I am laughing. This is how he dismisses me and tries to make me feel small. So, there it is. He is abusive in so many ways, never gives strokes. I wonder why he has no friends, not one. When I called him on his attitude, he said he thought it was 'cute.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no Linda,
      I've been there and it sucks. You deserve better.
      Also, I appreciate that you get my humour because it doesn't always work in writing

      Delete
  5. I thought that raw dogging would mean eating an uncooked sausage in a bun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats a fair assumption!

      Delete
    2. I would have thought it meant eating a hotdog without a bun.

      Delete
  6. All the things people were too afraid to ask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll get back to something less scary next time, Red :)

      Delete
  7. Oh god Kylie, I cracked up at this. Wow, new to me too, though I have cracked up few others in my time with new lingo and not having a clue I was talking in explicate sexual terms.
    Raw dogging. Must throw that at the grandgirl.
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I know the term dogging but not the term raw dogging. And it's interesting it has two different meanings. It's a bit of a dog's dinner!

    ReplyDelete

go on, leave a comment or four.