Wednesday 16 October 2024

Ups and downs

 It's a bit cold and grey today, which I prefer to hot and sticky. Milly dog has peed on the rug so the smell of pee and enzyme cleaner are wafting around. It's not pleasant but what can you do? maybe she got locked in some time or maybe there was a storm and she was frightened of going out. After she dies I'll get the rug cleaned professionally but right now the rug needs to be here. I couldn't set her up for a slip on the hard floor. She pretty much lives on the two rugs and she deserves to have a decent surface under her feet.

I'm being made redundant at the end of the month. There's a possibility of being redeployed within the organisation and I can apply to be the new "team lead" in the revamped structure but I'm not sure if I want that. I'm not super worried about it but it's never comfortable and the team are justifiably upset so I'm surrounded by unhappy people. I just want life to be easy, which I know is not conducive to growth but I'm a bit tired of growing.

I saw a weekend choir experience advertised for early November so I booked to go on the Saturday. I haven't sung in a choir since I was a kid but I think I'll enjoy it. A catered lunch is provided and bottomless cups of tea so if I can't sing at least I can eat.

For a burst of colur here are some photos from my visit to Floriade:









 

11 comments:

  1. Awesome color. We're slowly moving toward winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, before you know it there will be snow

      Delete
  2. You are being made redundant? Oh no. I hope you do find a suitable position. And quickly.
    Which enzyme cleaner do you use? We are having piddle puss issues here.
    And thank you for your photos packed with colour. It really is an explosion isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My 2nd redundancy in 3 years.
      I use Pet Lab concentrate. If does a good job but they send a lot of promotional emails.
      And yes, so much colour 😍

      Delete
  3. How do the gardeners get into the very dense flower beds to plant, weed and pick flowers? It is too gorgeous to ruin with big boots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great question! The beds have a lot of pvc pipes sticking out. I assumed they were for watering but I'm not sure why overhead watering wouldn't work

      Delete
  4. You could make cards out of these photos, so gorgeous. And so sorry about your position. I hope it's just a temporary setback. But nerve-wracking nevertheless.
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WWW, my daughter took most of the photos, she did well!
      Thanks for the good wishes

      Delete
  5. Sorry about the redundancy! Good luck making it through. Those are the most beautiful pictures. Winter is coming, so we won't see many flowers in the coming months. I will just come here and look at your pictures. Your daughter did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. I'm sure you will be glad of a rest from the heat and humidity

      Delete
  6. I thought from photos I've seen, and now yours, Floriade was very good this year. One thing in life I've never tried but so often thought about was to be able to sing. Good luck with that. It could be very confidence building.

    ReplyDelete

go on, leave a comment or four.