Tonight I wanted to write a post but couldn't think of a topic.
And then I happened to come across this art work
I have never seen it before but it recalls my days as a young mother, perched on the edge of a bed or a couch or a kichen stool, feeding a child or two.
The fingers spreading out and pulling on the skin is a detail I had forgotten but I know my hands remember.
I love the light. I love the crib on the floor by the bed, I often used car capsules the same way.
I love the linens on the bed and I know the comfort of those sheets.
I loved to wear a rustling skirt like the one worn by this mother.
I love the water jar by the bed and remember how there has never been a thirst like that of breastfeeding.
I love the hint of lace on the baby's blanket
and the exquisite beauty of the newborn's head.
I think I want to buy a print. A large one.
Mother. Elin Danielson-Gambogi

No comments:
Post a Comment
go on, leave a comment or four.