Tuesday, 18 August 2026

Who's an Orange Poo Bum?

 


There certainly is plenty said online about Donald Trump's incontinence. There are references to his diapers, there are videos of people near gagging on what we can only assume is the smell of the guy. There are many jokes and memes. The topic has a life all of it's own.

Now, Trump appalls me. His behaviour disgusts me. His hatefulness depresses me. His destruction of so much tly hat was good horrifies me.

In many ways I am happy to see him mocked. I think he deserves plenty of scrutiny and he has put himself well in the line of fire for all the mockery he attracts.

Having said all of that, I am really not sure what I think of the whole incontinence issue being so publicly joked about.

If I was doubly incontinent (or for that matter just incontinent of urine) I would be embarassed, ashamed, sad and frustrated.

If the whole world knew about it, it would be worse. If the whole world mocked me for it, I would wish to die.

I think of the aged care residents I know, the majority of them are incontinent but they are still people who have innate dignity and deserve to be treated as valuable.

Trump is a monster but I am not sure I can support the mockery he receives around this issue. It makes me uncomfortable because I think there's a very thin distinction between laughing at a disgraceful politician because of his uncontrolled bowel and laughing at the old bloke in the care home who never hurt a fly but can't recognise his need to go to the toilet. 

I'm also not sure it is the right thing to pick on.

A failing body seems to be the easiest,  laziest thing to laugh at. His moral and ethical failures are so much more significant. Truth be told they are probably even more frequent than the full diapers.

What do you think, dear reader? Does he deserve whatever insults come his way?

3 comments:

  1. I'm little troubled about references to his incontinence, not for his precious feelings at all, but the idea of incontinence being something to mocked. No one chooses that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Kylie. Attack his politics, his business practices and failures, his flagrant corruption, his immorality, lack of ethics and so on down the long list attributable to him. Do the job of political opposition and a grass roots resistance to the destruction of America. His fitness for office should not hinge on continence although it should take into account his very real and apparent declining mental capacities. Cheers, Helen

    ReplyDelete

go on, leave a comment or four.