Tuesday, 18 August 2026

Who's an Orange Poo Bum?

 


There certainly is plenty said online about Donald Trump's incontinence. There are references to his diapers, there are videos of people near gagging on what we can only assume is the smell of the guy. There are many jokes and memes. The topic has a life all of it's own.

Now, Trump appalls me. His behaviour disgusts me. His hatefulness depresses me. His destruction of so much that was good horrifies me.

In many ways I am happy to see him mocked. I think he deserves plenty of scrutiny and he has put himself well in the line of fire for all the mockery he attracts.

Having said all of that, I am really not sure what I think of the whole incontinence issue being so publicly joked about.

If I was doubly incontinent (or for that matter just incontinent of urine) I would be embarassed, ashamed, sad and frustrated.

If the whole world knew about it, it would be worse. If the whole world mocked me for it, I would wish to die.

I think of the aged care residents I know, the majority of them are incontinent but they are still people who have innate dignity and deserve to be treated as valuable.

Trump is a monster but I am not sure I can support the mockery he receives around this issue. It makes me uncomfortable because I think there's a very thin distinction between laughing at a disgraceful politician because of his uncontrolled bowel and laughing at the old bloke in the care home who never hurt a fly but can't recognise his need to go to the toilet. 

I'm also not sure it is the right thing to pick on.

A failing body seems to be the easiest,  laziest thing to laugh at. His moral and ethical failures are so much more significant. Truth be told they are probably even more frequent than the full diapers.

What do you think, dear reader? Does he deserve whatever insults come his way?

26 comments:

  1. I'm little troubled about references to his incontinence, not for his precious feelings at all, but the idea of incontinence being something to mocked. No one chooses that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you said what I was trying to

      Delete
    2. I don't think people are mocking the incontinence, they are mocking the fact that he doesn't realise he smells bad and insists on getting so close to people.

      Delete
    3. That's a good point, River

      Delete
  2. I agree with you Kylie. Attack his politics, his business practices and failures, his flagrant corruption, his immorality, lack of ethics and so on down the long list attributable to him. Do the job of political opposition and a grass roots resistance to the destruction of America. His fitness for office should not hinge on continence although it should take into account his very real and apparent declining mental capacities. Cheers, Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Continence can be part of the general health picture but there's no need to focus on it.
      Thanks Helen

      Delete
  3. I agree with you on the diaper thing. It's cheap and off the topic and I would think untrue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandmother, in old age, was waving at her front door when she peed down the inner legs. She was mortified.. for years :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine that kind of mortification. A miserable experience, for sure

      Delete
  5. What would Trump do if he met a world leader with double incontinence - yep, he'd broadcast it around the world. If he was embarrassed about what goes on in his pants he wouldn't stay in the position of US president - if it's even true.
    That said - I agree with you.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right that he would not preserve anybody elses dignity. You are also right that he could resign.
      Thank you , Scarlet

      Delete
  6. If we are judging by the way he treats people he doesn't like, people who didn't vote for him, then I think he deserves a lot of what is slung at him. As for people near gagging at the smell, if he doesn't smell that himself and realise it is offensive then let the mockers mock. Can you tell I hate him?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It may or may not be true that he's incontinent, but if he is then he deserves sympathy for a failing body and not insensitive memes and jokes. The real issue is his presidential incompetence and the damage he's doing to America and Americans. As for the apparent smell, of course it's possible that like many people he has no sense of smell and is unaware of the problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rumorhas it he has been wearing diapers since he appeared in that show "The Apprentice" because he was always so doped on Adderall and even then he frequently needed reminding that he needed to change the diapers.

      Delete
  8. I agree mocking anyone for physical or mental incapacity is abhorrent! However although the man is an idiot & disgrace to America he should not be pilloried for physical & mental problems, dater all you voted for him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to pillory him for anything and everything but wanting to and doing so are different

      Delete
  9. The guy is without an ounce of shame and continually mocks others. I know, it seems awful to be mocking anyone with incontinence, and I could never do it. I make an exception for him only as he's the most dreadful creature on the planet, and all his memes show him as a hero, as Jesus, etc., etc. The memes by others of him in his diapers counteract that in my view.
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i genuinely think he deserves whatever comes to him. I just don't like that it catches innocents in the crossfire

      Delete
  10. It's tricky when nasty things are said about horrible people. For example, I think it's a stretch to say Alan Jones is a pedophile. Yet that is the subtext for complainant C in the present trial claiming he was "groomed" for ten years (from his late teens if even that early and then into his late twenties).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alan Jones has been dodging the law for decades and he most likely did groom people but yea, if complainant C was past the age of consent it can't be called paedophilia

      Delete
    2. "dodging the law for decades" - wow you are much more down on him than I am.

      Delete
    3. Marcellous, I did a quick google and you probably know this but the charges from 1988 didnt relate to minors so maybe I have been harsh.

      Delete
  11. I understand where your reservations are coming from Kylie but that orange blob has caused many deaths and a hell of a lot of hardship while he enriches himself and his family get richer too. He is disgusting and deserves all the mockery he has attracted. He lies about everything so **** him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree about him and his family.

      Delete

go on, leave a comment or four.