Sunday, 11 October 2026

Retributive Justice

I've been watching the situation with Christa Pike, not deep diving into it but keeping an eye on headlines. The poor woman is back in prison while they figure out next steps. I think she has suffered enough. I know she did a heinous thing. I also know she was young when she did it. I also know she had suffered horribly as a child. She has expressed remorse and as they say, an eye for an eye makes the world go blind. Christa has endured 30+ years on death row, survived two doses of lethal injection and recovered from the resulting coma. That is enough for a traumatised child.

Sam Wood is afraid of gaol style punishment for the (alleged) attempted murder of his wife in the presence of her daughter and the couple's three under 10 children. He can dish it out but he's apparently not so great at taking it. I am unsure of how I stand on retributive justice but if he happened to slip on some soap

and hit his head

and the cameras were faulty

and the guards were asleep

and the phones didn't work 

and the ambulance was caught in traffic.....

I would not shed a tear.


No comments:

Post a Comment

go on, leave a comment or four.