or i might do just one top ten post....
depending how my concentration holds out!
and now, without further ado, are my favourite desserts. i can't really guarantee they are the top ten, because these things change but they are faves....
and there end the disclaimers
- passionfruit topped cheesecake: the tang of the fruit perfectly balances the rich creaminess of the cheesecake
- fresh mangoes
- pavlova: with banana and passionfruit and strawberries on top
- sticky date pudding: drowned in toffee sauce, maybe some whipped cream and eaten on a cold day
- lemon meringue pie: it has to be just right though. pampas make a good one (apologies to all non-aussies for mentioning a brand) the lemon is just perfectly light and the pastry is tender. yum yum
- expensive ice cream in a waffle cone:what flavour? well, theres coffee, toffee, chocolate, butterscotch, honey with malt marbles, rum & raisin, ginger if you can get it......i'm not fussy with ice cream
- steamed puddings: i rarely make them but i have fond memeories of ginger, butterscotch and chocolate. all great on a cold winter's night when comfort food rules
- fresh papaya
- a cup of coffee with a ginger nut for dipping
- and another sentimental favourite: vanilla nut custard (thats an egg custard made caramel-y by using brown sugar. there are little clouds of beaten egg white folded through to make it both smooth and fluffy, depending what the spoon picks up) with orange jelly (it has to be orange to get the colour balance right) and tinned pears or was that banana? yes, prolly banana