Wednesday 24 February 2021

It's the end of February

 My 365 haikus in a year project seems to have stalled at 48. There will be more, maybe a change in weather will inspire me?

 It's nice to write something else for a change, though what to write is the question!

I'm thinking up ideas for my 50th in April, stay tuned for that, and have been asked to join the church pastoral care program (this will be about the third time I've been asked to do that) I want to say there's a lot of starting but  not much caring but that would be untrue, people care about and for each other but trying to formalise it doesn't seem to work. I wonder how it will progress this time.

I limp along with about 15 hours of work a week. It's a wonderful lifestyle with plenty of time for anything else I want to do and government support for covid affected employees has meant there was adequate money but the support for people like me is drying up and 15 hours won't cut it for much longer. My boss has confirmed that I am "in the budget" for the coming year which is fabulous news after my planned redundancy (remember that? I was going to be made redundant 18 months ago but here we are, I'm still here, Covid upended that plan) Anyways, if only my colleagues would get back to the office, I might ge some more hours. I really can't wait, the government support I receive is tied to me aplying for 8 jobs a month, it's not onerous but I always have something I'd rather do. Kinda like cleaning showers.

I have submitted one of my haikus to some fella on instagram who is running a competition. I made it to semi final level and tied so was asked to submit a new one. The second offering is not going as well as the first and I feel my near win slipping away! What a shame, i was about to be "insta famous" the guy must have at least 100 followers :)

The curtain project I wrote of a while back is another stalled project, though I'm getting tired of the half done mess so I might even get a bit done this afternoon. The weather is ok for it......


16 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your haikus - a form which daunts me. I hope you are inspired to continue them - but am happy to wait. Deserved congratulations on going so well in the competition.
    I really hope that you stay in/on the budget and that more work is forthcoming. Just enough work...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks EC. You get my most loyal commenter award

      Delete
  2. Well there's a thing - when I have recovered I could write some of your haikus out in calligraphy and slap them on Insta?! I'm often looking for words to write.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do that! I'd be honoured. Gosh, is that a Collab? Are you an influencer?

      They are all at haikuproject21

      Delete
    2. Also, wait, when you've recovered? Have I missed something?

      Delete
  3. And good to know you have work!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I'm excited about the Kylie Scarlet collab.

    I hope your hours at work increase, and glad that you haven't been made redundant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I wasn't made redundant. It's pretty hard for a middle aged cripple to get a shot at a position

      Delete
  5. Congratulations. I'd say that was no mean feat getting to the semi-finals. Online submissions can be numerous and come from all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "though what to write is the question!" That is the challenge for me all the time when it comes to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems that sometimes I have loads of ideas and sometimes none at all!

      Delete
  7. What to write in our blogs is a major problem that most of us face and I am no exception. Ideas simply have dried up and I am looking for inspiration too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You seem to do quite well! How about some memories?

      Delete
  8. I hope your colleagues come back to the office and you get a few more hours.

    Good luck getting some fresh inspiration for the haikus!

    ReplyDelete

go on, leave a comment or four.