Sunday 10 March 2024

Incandescent

You might remember that my washing machine died a few weeks ago and at the time I wrote about it, I was waiting to take delivery of the new one.

As it turns out, the new one has also stopped working. 

I bought the machine from a seconds shop and that was a mistake. They didn't deliver on the day they said they would. I rescheduled and they called me on a different day while I was at work and said they'd be there in ten minutes. 

Realising that I couldn't rely on these people and not wanting to miss my chance, I said to leave it on the porch.

That meant they didnt take away the old machine.

A month later I put my laundry in and came back later to sopping wet clothes. The machine had been making all the right noises but not actually doing a single thing. The drum wasn't turning.

So I called the manufacturer and booked in a service call. We waited for days and I took a day off work and the technician didnt arrive. I called again and there was "no booking on the system"

So now I'm waiting again. I could have booked service with someone who arrived faster but that would void my warranty and I don't want to do that because I reckon it's unlikely this will be the last problem.

Nobody I called cared in the slightest so I left a scathing post on the facebook page.

If I get half a chance, I'll tell them I want a refund and next time I'll but from a more reputable place to avoid delivery issues. 

At this rate I'll be taking a couple of days off every month until Christmas!

11 comments:

  1. You expected the machine to last forever?
    Pretty damn poor on so many counts. Name and shame them with the truth. Their own website? Whirlpool forum?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expected a new machine to last past warranty!
      The maker is electrolux. The retailer a Bankstown warehouse.

      Delete
  2. A used washing machine? This is why I never buy used appliances. I would be livid at this point. I hope things turn around for you. I had terrible problems with Lowe's delivery, so I switched to a local shop. Their delivery people are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't used it was a second, so probably a damaged box.
      There's a big online retailer I've used before and they were great but I wanted to save money. It would have been worth paying the extra $100

      Delete
    2. In younger years I had a couple of second hand machines that were utterly reliable until the motors died

      Delete
  3. Trades do not have a good record in my book. too may issues like you describe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Until now I've had a pretty good run with these kinds of things

      Delete
  4. I feel for you. It's a real pain when appliances stop working and an even greater one when suppliers are dillatory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This particular one has been a problem from the start

      Delete
  5. That all sounds like a dreadful experience with a totally unreliable company. I hope you can sort something out. The washing machine we bought a few years ago has always been liable to shake violently on the spin cycles. Several engineers looked at it but none of them could explain the shaking. It has to be in just the right position to prevent the shaking. Ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably your floor that's a tad uneven

      Delete

go on, leave a comment or four.