Wednesday 20 March 2024

Wednesday

 After my last post went belly up I have had to conclude that I have not read the room, which wounds my pride a little bit but I will probably manage to live. The ignominy though!

After a lot of hassle, I sorted the washing machine problem. Once a service man finally looked at it and declared it a major repair, head office offered me a replacement or repair. The machine I bought was a second quality and they only had first available so I paid an extra little bit and swapped the broken down, second quality for a first quality. They took away the broken down machine and the original machine as well. I credit the carriers for that, lovely fellas they were who wanted to meet Milly. Milly raised her head to determine that they were not of her pack and laid back down. The old girl is quite arthritic and by the look of her cataracts close to blind, so I don't blame her. 

I'm beyond pleased to have a working washing machine and no further effort required to dispose of the old ones. 

Today I have to get myself to the GP to get the results of a blood test I had done weeks ago and then I'll have a pub lunch with Mum and Dad.


14 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to resolve the washing machine issue.
    I have bought "damaged" appliances (slight dent on the sides that would be next to the wall anyway,) and never had an issue with them. (Except for the fact that they were not perfectly beautiful) My dishes, food, and laundry never cared. I also have bought brand spanking new in all their glory appliances that were lemons from the first day.I think it is a crap shoot either way.
    At least now you can wash in peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In general I've had a very good run with appliances. Customer service was lacking this time

      Delete
  2. I am glad that you got the washing machine issue sorted. Women form special bonds wit their washing machines and understand their moods. They also know how to work them which is pretty impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Appliance are a headache. They seem to cause no end of problems unless they are very old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a few second hand machines that went very well. Back when they weren't computer controlled. Simplicity works!

      Delete
  4. I think YP needs to wash his mouth out…..it’s not a given that women and washing machines form ‘special bonds’. Somehow I think his Mama didn’t introduce him to the wash house.

    Pub lunches are the best way to meet and eat if you are familiar with the food on offer. I’m always wary if someone suggests a pub I’ve never been to before. Hope you got a good meal this time

    I’ve been away from blogland so am wondering what was wrong with your last post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're regulars at this pub, Cathy. The food is good and the access is easy.
      My previous post, now removed, echoed one of yours where the recipient of a baby gift didn't like the colour. Was that what happened?
      Anyway, I'm obviously becoming a dinosaur.
      I'm pretty sure yp is joking but what would my little brain know 🤣🤣

      Delete
  5. I'm pleased the washing machine debacle has now been sorted. We don't realise how much we rely on these machines until they're gone. I wish they would last forever - but then they'd cost even more!
    I have your previous post in my Feedly post - things have probably changed a lot since I was born!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw your previous post and wanted to comment but poof it had vanished. Did you take it down?
    Though on the gist, I've seen all this mad co-ordination and hating hand-mades and wanting expensive matchies and want to scream at the shallowness.
    Glad you're pleased with the service you received on the machine.
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WWW,
      I put the post back into drafts as the deafening silence made me think I was being more offensive than I intended. I think if people give a baby gift, the least you can do is let them see the baby in it.

      Delete
  7. Good to hear you've finally got to the end of the washing machine saga!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nick, it's such a relief.
      I could wear a clean shirt every day for 3 weeks maybe but I don't have so many pieces of everything else

      Delete

go on, leave a comment or four.